“Two minutes with Rob Kapilow and reasons for the Seuss estate granting the composer the unprecedented rights to the story Green Eggs and Ham become abundantly clear: with his seemingly boundless energy and passion for promoting an appreciation of classical music the composer, also nicknamed the ‘Pied Piper of classical music,’ still marvels at his adaptation’s popularity with audiences.”
— Big Apple Parent
As conductor/creative director for FamilyMusik® in series across the country – from the Celebrity Series of Boston to Kansas City Symphony’s Family Fare programs and Lincoln Center’s first family concert series, Rob Kapilow brings his infectious enthusiasm for all things musical to children of all ages.
FamilyMusik Sample Programs
- Carnival of the Animals/Flight of the Bumblebee/And Furthermore, They Bite!
- Chris Van Allsburg’s Polar Express/Elijah’s Angel (Christmas/Hanukkah)
- Dr. Seuss’s Gertrude McFuzz/Lazy Andy Ant
- Green Eggs & Hamadeus (Dr. Seuss’s Green Eggs & Ham/Eine kleine Nachtmusik)
- Peter & the Wolf (with PickleShoes Dance Company Dancers)
- Play Ball! (Casey at the Bat)
- James Thurber’s Many Moons (opera)
... and more!